Welcome To Wonderland (Part 1)

 (In case I make this multiple parts, which I hope to do, I'll order these.)


"Make sure you free my schedule for dinner with Persephone, and I need a maintenance soul to check out the carousel, it seems to have broken and we need to get that fixed immediately - what do you-" Hades broke off when he saw that a little boy was tugging on his robes, looking lost and scared. "I'm sorry," he soothed, kneeling down. "Hey buddy, what can I do for you?"
"Where am I?" the little boy asked timidly.
"Welcome to wonderland, we've got it all, we'll make you a castle down on the seashore. Or fly a kite with those that you have loved dear. Come on, we'll go find your family," Hades told him. "What's your name?"
"Toby." The boy began to cry and looked behind him.
"How old are you?" Hades asked gently.
"I'm three. I don't think I have family here. I want my sister," Toby cried.
"How old is she?" Hades quietly asked.
"She's three. I love her! I need her!" Toby was now wailing.
Hades pulled out a small piece of chocolate. Toby slowly quieted, and Hades conjured up a glass of water to go with it. Toby's eyes were wide with the magic.
"She'll join you one day. Want to see her?" Hades asked.
Toby nodded so Hades took his little hand and led him to a room with a screen. A little girl was crying.
"She will join you one day. But her time won't come yet. But she misses you," Hades told him.
Toby cried again. "I want to hug her. It'll be better. It's not her fault. I love her. I always will. I miss her but it's not time yet."
Hades nodded. "Hopefully she'll remember that as she goes on, but I'm afraid it won't be so easy. You'll understand one day. She'll join you here. Together you both can play and see and explore. Would you like that? Maybe for now you could find all the places to show her for when She arrives. But she doesn't need to arrive any sooner than old age, because she's valuable and loved and she's needed on earth too. Just like you need her, others need her. But she'll be here one day and you can watch her whenever you want, you can watch her live her life and I know she won't forget you anytime soon. She'll never forget you. She loves you more than anything else in this world. Do you believe me?"
Toby nodded, watching his sister again.
Hades pulled out a teddy bear and handed it to him. "You can return whenever you want. Would you like some food for now? You must be hungry and we can talk more."
With a complete understanding, Toby took Hades' hand and walked with him into Wonderland.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey, you there-

Oh, hi there! There you are!