Welcome To Wonderland (Part 2)

 Hades rushed by and saw a new guest in the land. He paused and smiled.

"Welcome to Wonderland, we've got it all-"

This rotund, shaking with impatience lady jammed her finger at him. "Where the hell am I? And why is it so damn hot in here? Turn it down some, I'm about to melt!"

Hades took a deep breath. He snapped his fingers and made it ice cold. "As you wish, ma'am. You're going to meet your afterlife destiny here-"

"You incompetent dumbass, I'm going to get you fired! Where's your manager? I DEMAND to speak to your manager!" the Karen yelled.

Hades smiled. "You see, I am the manager. I did do as you asked, now did I not?"

"You can't do anything right, who do you think you are?"

Hades smiled softly. "There's a special place for you, it's especially designed for you-"

"You cannot be the manager, I demand to speak to your boss about how awful the service here has been!"

"Let's look at your file, shall we?" Hades materialized a folder and flipped through it. "Ah yes, Karen Bullswitch, let's see..." Hades mused a few minutes more. "You have a history of yelling at cashiers and demanding refunds? Tsk tsk tsk."

Karen looked livid. "How dare you see my private life! I want that file!"

"I promise no one else will see it, ma'am. Oh, it says here you also dragged your kids into your schemes. It looks as though one of your kids has broken out, good for them, they'll have a happy time here-"

Karen was now fuming and smoke bellowed from her ears. "Are you implying that I won't? I want no less than I deserve!"

"Oh don't worry ma'am," Hades said with a rich smile, basking in her anger even more as though it fed him. "You will get EXACTLY as you deserve."

"What does that mean?"

Hades led Karen down a path of coals to a store. He handed her an apron. "Here you go, you're a cashier." The temperature was just too hot for comfort.

"What?" sputtered Karen. "I can't work the peasant job!"

"What, are you afraid you'll be less of a human and be reduced down to the garbage you think most cashiers are?" Hades buttered each word on with extreme joy, watching her cogs in her brain try to spin with comprehension.

The minute she donned the apron, a customer appeared. With a huff Karen went to take care of them.

"What took you so long?" the customer immediately demanded.

"I-" Karen began.

"Hurry up!" That was quickly followed by, "You're going too fast!"

Hades watched in satisfaction as Karen dealt with a long line of such customers, then shut the door and went back to the happier side of Wonderland.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey, you there-

Oh, hi there! There you are!