Wow, Is The Bible Really Bonkers?

 I'm straying from my normal positive posts to do a post on something that might tick off a few people, but if you've read the bible, I encourage you to feel free to look these up and argue with me. Then tell me how I'm supposed to interpret these. Oh, and if you tell me, "We don't do that now," then also please enlighten me on why we still bible smack LGBT+ people and tell them it's a sin. I'M WAITING.

Okay, thank you.

Oh, so you do think LGBT+ people should go to hell? Why don't we gouge out your eye for looking at the girl's breasts, or cut out your tongue for lying? Oh shoot, you got a divorce? Well, you're getting stoned, and I don't mean with a nice little weed that you can easily buy. I mean with a nice sized rock. Is your afternoon free? You good with dying? Great! Cause after all, that's also a sin.

Still want to argue that we need to take the bible literally?

Let's take another rule - Deuteronomy 25:11-12. "If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity." Well sucks for you ladies, you thought you were protecting your husband and accidentally grabbed the other guy's private parts, there goes your hand.

And this is what little kids - 8 and 9 and 10 and 11 and 12 year olds are supposed to be reading?

What about the other popular church story that even 4 year olds learn? I'll summarize.

God: Go kill your son.

Abraham: Hey Isaac, let's go on a walk.

Isaac: Um, there's no sacrifice with us.

Abraham: Ah... hahahahaha... *nervously wipes neck* So God told me to kill you, so...

Little kids are supposed to grow up believing that if God told their parents to, their parents would kill them? And if their parents said no they wouldn't, their parents would show that they don't have a solid faith, and if they said yes, the kids would be scared out of their wits that this being would tell their parents to kill them. Totally cool, right?

Maybe I'll make another post, but have fun with this one. :)

Be awesome, be brilliant. <3

~Justice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey, you there-

Oh, hi there! There you are!